2015 PROM DRESS DESIGN COMPETITION
CONGRATULATIONS TO the winner of our prom dress design competition dahraan abdullah from oldham college
16 year old Pheobe Dickson's design was inspired by Taylor Swift's ombre coloured dress that she wore to the Grammy awards and the mermaid shape and sweetheart neckline is what she imagine's her perfect prom dress to look like.
Dahraan, 17yrs of age is studying textiles & fashion at Oldham college. Her chiffon and lace design was inspired by the shadow play trend from Vogue 2015.
18 year old Choi Choi San from Aquinas Collage in Stockport chose fungus as the inspiration for her blue chiffon, organza and satin prom dress. Choi Choi hopes to go to university to study fashion and design.
ATTENTION ALL YOUNG ASPIRING FASHION DESIGNERS
COULD YOU BE THE NORTH WEST’S NEW UP AND COMING YOUNG DESIGNER?
WOULD YOU LIKE TO SEE YOUR DRESS DESIGN GO FROM THE DRAWING BOARD TO THE CUTTING ROOM. FROM THE CUTTING ROOM ON TO OUR CONCORDE CATWALK AT MANCHESTER AIRPORT AND FROM THERE, ON TO BECOMING PART OF A TOP FASHION BRAND’S AW15 COLLECTION?
IN ASSOCIATION WITH
OUR 2015 PROM DRESS DESIGN COMPETITION
Can you design the perfect prom dress?
Your design will be original and creative whilst capturing the razzle, dazzle of prom. We want to see your sketches with fabric choices, colour ideas and source of inspiration.
METHOD OF ENTRY:
- The competition is open to all secondary/high school students in the Greater Manchester and surrounding
area between the ages of 15yrs and 18yrs.
- All designs must be submitted on our own template that can be downloaded HERE.
- All entries must be sent to:
Runway on the Runway
Prom Dress Design Competition
PO BOX 643
- The closing date for entries is: Saturday 14th February 2015.
The top three designs will be chosen and produced by one of the leading young fashion brands Little Mistress in their cutting room in London and modelled on the Concorde Catwalk at the Runway on the Runway show by either the young designer themselves or a model designated by the Runway on the Runway Team.
The three finalists will then compete for the top prize which is to see their design becoming part of the Little Mistresses AW15 Prom Collection ( see notes 1 & 2 below).
The winner will receive a special trophy and all three finalists will each receive a fabulous sewing machine courtesy of Little Mistress.
Entries will be judged by Mark Ashton, CEO of Little Mistress and his creative team.
- Competition Entrants must be students in Greater Manchester and the surrounding areas, this includes:
Wigan, Bolton, Bury, Rochdale, Oldham, Salford, Trafford, Manchester, Thameside, Stockport
Lancashire, Yorkshire, Derbyshire, Cheshire, Merseyside.
- Entrants must be school students between the ages of 15yrs and 18yrs as of 31st August 2015.
- Finalists must be able to travel to the Runway on the Runway Fashion Show which will take place at The Runway Visitor Centre, Manchester Airport on Friday 27th March 2015.
- If entrants would like their submissions returned, please include a SAE.
1. Little Mistress reserve the rights to make changes to the winning dress design, to comply with manufacturing and commercial requirements.
2. The winning design will become the copyright of Little Mistress Ltd.
Please direct any queries to email@example.com